Monday, May 23, 2011

ARG3

Being expected to pay $10.00 per gallon at the pump for regular unleaded is absolutely ludicrous.  Being expected to pay so much so I can buy groceries and diapers, or attend classes is just not something I can do.  As a mother of three children (all in diapers), I just can't afford it, especially now that I am the only one with an income in my household as my husband recovers from his multiple surgeries.  I live in a small rural farming community where we don't even have a grocery store and walking isn't an option, as the next town over is much too far for that.  I cannot safely ride a bicycle with all three of my children to get groceries, nor would a bike be feasible transport to get me to and from school, as I'd have to leave the night prior to make it to class the next morning.  I blame the price hike in our own government's corporate interests.  I don't know what alternatives there would be for someone in my particular situation.  I know public transport is not available in my area and I don't know anyone that I could carpool with.  I would obviously have to figure out a solution to at least buy groceries, but I would have to drop out of school all together, or be limited to online only courses in which our tests and quizzes were available online as well.  I know of many online vendors I could purchase household necessities and diapers from.  There are grocery stores that deliver, but none in my area, so food seems to be the only impossibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment